Mold and mildew prefer moisture conditions. Once it starts to grow, either of these can result in the material deteriorating themselves. Keep your gazebo canopy clean is a simple way to prevent mould and mildew growth. This article will present how to clean a gazebo canopy in steps.
You will need tools below
- Mild detergent
- Soft-haired broom
- Soft towels or cloths
Steps to clean the canopy
- Fill the bucket with warm water and add a mild detergent. The dirtier the canopy, the more soap that will be required.
- Agitate the water until it is mixed completely and suds begin to form.
- Dip a soft-haired broom into the soapy water and brush it onto the canopy.
- Scrub gently with the broom to remove the mildew and stain build up.
- For stubborn areas, moisten a sponge with the soapy water and scrub carefully.
- After cleaning, rinse the cover completely to remove all of the soap residues.
- Repeat as necessary until the dirt and stains are removed to your satisfaction.
- Allow the canopy to dry completely before packing and stowing. In the sun is preferred, if possible.
Additional Tips and Advice
Removing sap and dirt immediately (or at least on a regular basis) will make cleaning much easier and more effective.